Benchmark Recruitment are working on behalf of one of the UK's leading construction groups. The client is looking for an experienced Project Manager to take control of projects in the UK’s Critical National Infrastructure sector.
The Project Manager will be responsible for all production and commercial functions on specific projects allocated by the Contracts Manager and to maintain and maximise quality of service and profitability.
- Encouragement and creation of a teamwork culture
- Responsibility for the project management functions
- Assistance in the procurement of subcontracts
- Advice and assistance to the operations team in the project management of NEC3 contracts and subcontracts, logging effective communications, monitoring periods for reply and reminding operation staff as necessary
- Provision of accurate and timely project reports and advice to the management team
- Maintain project information to the contract
- Ensuring the appropriate actions are taken to reduce or minimise commercial risk through the early warning and risk reduction process
- Advice and assistance concerning notification of compensation events, assessments and submission of quotations, and the contractual procedure to take contractual differences up to the point of dispute crystallisation where appropriate
- Advice and assistance regarding programme, acceleration, Key Dates and Completion Dates
- Mentor and encourage all subordinate staff in their personal and professional development
Experience and Qualifications:
- Substantial, relevant experience covering project management and a sound understanding of project risks and mitigation measures within the construction industry
- Thorough understanding of NEC3 conditions of contract
- Demonstrable track record of work on NEC3 contracts being able to show personal contact with the actions required as part of the Contractor's or Project Manager's obligations under those contracts included in the track record
- Knowledge of company management systems including:
- Commercial reports
- Risk Management
- Previous knowledge of Critical National Infrastructure Security market preferred but not essential
- Knowledge of current legislation
- Project Management Professional qualification
- Relevant CSCS card
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company where you will work on some of the UK's most exciting and innovative construction projects.
The client will consider project managers on a permanent or contract basis.
Call Liam Walsh on 01564 628 100 to discuss this opportunity in further detail.