We are looking for an experienced Estimator to be based in Ipswich.
The main purpose of this role is to deal with the preparation, processing and submission of tenders for contracts by calculating the costs involved in supplying a product or service that meets the client’s technical specification.
- Manage and co-ordinate information for bids and tenders within designated area
- Researching materials, equipment and labour costs
- Gain an understanding of what the client’s needs are
- Collecting quotes from suppliers and sub-contractors
- Planning job timescales
- Assessing and advising on commercial risk
- Preparing and submitting quotations for work
- Helping with bids for new contracts and supporting buying activities
- Monitoring the stages of a project to make sure that costs are kept in line with forecasts
- Clearly convey the financial elements of a tender to site staff at tender handover
- Ensure all work complies with quality, safety and environmental policies and the requirements of the company procedures
- Involvement in review/ input to quality submissions
Please apply or give Jack a call on 01564 628100.
We look forward to hearing from you.