The successful candidate will define, direct and lead the commercial strategy of the Business Unit whilst leading, inspiring and motivating the commercial team in order to generate profit.
In order to be considered for the role, it is crucial that you have experience working within a housebuilding developer, on new build residential projects.
- To define, direct and lead a commercial strategy that balances risk to the business with opportunity for income generation to reinvest in the business.
- To direct and lead the governance of the Commercial team, ensuring proper accountability for, and reporting of, all commercial activity and the development of appropriate control systems.
- To direct the performance of existing commercial business ventures ensuring that contracts are fulfilled and profit targets are delivered.
- To help define and embed a commercial approach to the running of the department across all levels of the hierarchy. Work with the senior management team to collaboratively guide the development of professional standards, commercial contracts and service level agreements
- To take steps to identify and manage risks commercial and otherwise
- To actively support bid submissions throughout the business unit.
- To build and maintain effective relationships with key working partners, including the development of strong links at all levels of the business.
- Market the organisation’s capabilities in the delivery and management of commercial activities and maintain company profile with customers/clients, external bodies, suppliers, and other stakeholders.
- Manage risk and ensure compliance with legal, regulatory and internal procedural requirements.
- Manage and support the performance and development of the Commercial team.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Educated to degree standard and/or appropriate professional qualification.
- Experience in a senior position within housebuilding.
- Be an inspirational leader and a strong team player
- Experience of supporting business growth
- An inspirational leader and strong team player
- Well developed analytical, oral and presentation/communication skills
- Ability to formulate commercial plans and ensure full engagement
Excellent Salary and Benefits